Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rant

Hey everyone this is just me ranting and such, you may learn something about me in this but I need to do this. Maybe I will be able to finish a story after this. I love writing and I experince writers block just like everyone else. But one thing I hate more then writers block is being overwhelmed by plot ideas. This lasty week I have created six diffrent plot ideas for a site I go onto all the time called Fanfiction. For those who don't know what Fanfiction is let me explain. Its something someone does when they write something envolving someone else's characters that you do not own. I have been on a fanfiction website since July 14, 2012, it has helped me learn to write and expand on plot lines and diffrent styles of writing. I have a total of 26 stories posted on the site and more are in the making. But having Fanfiction in my head also makes my head cluttered due to my own characters and plotlines. I have been creating some of my plotlines or characters since 5th grade. One of my oldest characters is my take of the myth of the bringer of winter, his character is based off of a mix of legends about the bringer of Winter. His name is the norse version Jökul Frosti, his relationship with spring is similar but not quite to the legend of the Russian Father Frost. His personality is the mixture of the two above with the additive of Grandfather Frost and Jack Frost. But he isn't my only character, I also have a character named Väi. He is one of my most abused characters, when ever I have a bad day he always ends up suffering. I don't know why but when I feel sad I start to push that feeling onto him, he is one of my more depresing characters but his personality is kind and friendly. But with all these characters in my head last counted I had over 200 named characters I could think off the top of my head that are my own characters and at most that many I work with in fanfiction. I see insperation for all these characters every where I go. It could come from what I see, hear, or even an arguement I have with my sister. I love writing but sometimes I feel overwhelmed and just want to be by myself. Some may think I am crazy because I seem to have arguements with myself and whole conversations and I may be a little bit. But I talk to figure out conversations and I act out what my characters are doing. Thats why is anyone watches me when I start talking they can see i move from place to place and look as if I am holding things or I change the way I stand. This post was complety random but I need to put this out, my other posts have hinted to my characters. I try to seperate my personal stories from my Fanfiction so don't expect to see me talking about my stories in Fanfiction, I will only use my own characters through this.
Thank you for being patiant with this rant and hope I didn't bore you.
Ciao.


2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty cool rant! I know quite a bit of fan fiction. A lot of it revolving around anime, Halo, and Sonic the Hedgehog. Its amazing what people can come up with. It gives a fresh look on some beloved characters that you would never get through the people who own the property. I'd like to read some of yours sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with that, exept I do have to feel sorry for some characters. It seems like fans love to kill certain characters. Are you on Fanfiction?

    ReplyDelete