Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24

Prompt: You're in a room full of people and you're the only blind person there. Describe the room and the people in your mind.
A/N I chose this prompt because I figure it would give me practice for writing one of my characters who was born blind. Also just finished writing it and I didn't stick with what the prompt says my bad wasnt paying attention to what I was saying. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I lean against the wall, the cool hard stone pressed against my back and the air in front of me hot and stiffling.  People walk by me not seeing me or anyone else lost in their own worlds, they are to busy to stop and listen to their enviroment. They can't hear the splash of the fountains, or the pitched laughter of children. They can't feel the breeze thats steals its way into the building, making them shift their jackets without being aware of doing it. There voices a deafing sound constently overlapping and envolving all who were near by. At a kiask  a man from the sound of the voice and the heavy shift of his feet, dropped some of his change pulling out of his pocket. No one stopped, the sound of the man dropping to his knees making a muffled thud. One of the coins rolled to my boot, kneeling I felt for the coin. The coin was smooth with a textured surface and a bumpy edge, the size telling me it was a quarter. Stepping from the wall, I begain to dodge shoppers some not even bothering to apologize when they ran into me or I them. The man stands before I make it to the Kiask, I can hear moving to talk to the owner. With out a word I set the coin down near the man, then turn and walk away extanding my cane. the sight of the cane makes people avoide me, reminding me why I hated having the thing. Making me wish I didn't have to relly on this piece of plastic and medal to make sure I didn't trip over something. And make people realise I am not like them and they either see me as below them or they pity me. I am just like them why can't they see that? Why are they more blinded then I who by defination is blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment